The outline is being prepared by the Indian Railway to make this station a world class station. After completion of the work related to the redevelopment, passengers at Gaya station will get world class facilities like airport.
This station will be done in future
Indian Railway News: The internationally important railway station of Gaya (Gaya) city of Bihar will be developed like a world-class airport. This ‘city of Bihar’ associated with Lord Buddha is important from both religious and tourism point of view. The outline is being prepared by the Indian Railways to make this station a world class station. CPRO Rajesh Kumar shared this information from TV9 Digital after an important meeting on the redevelopment of this station by Lalit Chandra Trivedi, General Manager (GM) of East Central Railway.
Actually, redevelopment of Gaya station has been planned keeping in view the importance of Gaya city from both religious and tourism point of view. After completion of the work related to the redevelopment, passengers at Gaya station will get world class facilities like airport. After the final framework is prepared, it will request for qualification and then the tender process will be started.
Will work on PPP mode
These works related to the redevelopment of Gaya station by RLDA i.e. Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) will be completed on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. The Chief Public Relations Officer said, since Gaya is an important city from a religious and tourism point of view, the Gaya station building will be redeveloped keeping it in the center.
The passenger facilities will be redeveloped according to the same considering the projected passenger number of the year 2065 (busy time) at this station. The necessary works related to station redevelopment will be completed at an estimated cost of Rs 173 crore. Facilities will be provided at Gaya station almost like the airport.
World class passenger amenities, aim to provide better experience
In this regard, on February 22, East Central Railway General Manager Lalit Chandra Trivedi held a high-level meeting with Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) Vice-Chairman Ved Prakash Dudeja on issues related to the redevelopment of Gaya station. Additional general manager Ashok Kumar, all section heads of East Central Railway and high officials of Rail Land Development Authority attended the meeting organized through video conference.
It was informed that the main objective of the station redevelopment is to provide passengers with safety, better experience and world class passenger facilities. Many suggestions were also received during the discussion. Additional General Manager Ashok Kumar suggested that the parking area should be either underground or multistory parking be constructed.
All these facilities will be available at the world class Gaya station
1. There will be separate arrangements for arrival and departure at the station of railway passengers. The entry and exit gates will be such that passengers will not have to face congestion.
2. Access control gates at the station and escalators and elevators will be installed on each platform, so that passengers will be able to move from one platform to another.
3. Necessary passenger amenities will include food, washroom, drinking water, ATM, Internet etc., which will benefit the common citizens especially senior citizens.
4. While giving the station a world-class status, the station will be transformed into a green building, with adequate facilities for ventilation etc.
5. Tourist facilities will be developed at and around Gaya station, which will increase the number of tourists. Local people will also benefit from this. Employment opportunities will also increase for them.
Also read: Ration will now be available for 24 hours, no need to be in line, automatic machines will distribute food grains