Sorbitol is in juice
Many fruit juices contain sorbitol which is a non-digestive sugar form. Due to the high level of sorbitol, the body tries to dilute it by pulling water from the blood vessels in the intestines, which causes the stool to become diluted.
Apple, pear and cherry juice contain high amounts of sorbitol. You drink less of these fruit juices and sugar drinks in the week.
Instead, you can give pineapple, orange, strawberry, kiwi juice to children. These have low levels of sorbitol. You should allow children to eat fruit instead of juice.
Fructose in juice
Fruits can cause diarrhea and may be due to the fructose present in them. Most people do not have problems with fructose, but some people may complain of diarrhea, gas and flatulence. Sorbitol and fructose should be given in limited quantities especially to children.
Barriages such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries have low fructose. In addition, citrus fruits like oranges and lemons also have low fructose.
Also read: Take care of these things before drinking juice
It is possible that your child is allergic to any fruit, so drinking juice of that fruit can cause diarrhea. Orange juice can cause allergies in young children.
If you are feeding your child a fruit for the first time, then first of all, see if anyone in your family is allergic to that fruit.
Causes harmful bacteria
In some cases, fruit juice can cause harmful bacteria in the body, causing the child to fall ill. He may also have gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea. Therefore, children should always be fed with pasteurized juice.
Before feeding any fruit to children, wash it thoroughly. Stored juices are more prone to bacteria and germs to flourish, so children should be fed fruit juice freshly. It is better that you prepare juices at home, not only for the children but also for the whole family.
Also read: Parents keep children away from fruit juice, dangerous for brain
Other disadvantages of fruit juice
Juice fills the stomach, which makes the child less hungry and may refuse to eat food. Since the amount of sugar in fruit juice is high, it can cause insects in the child’s teeth.
Immediately after drinking juice, the child may vomit if he or she has a difficult physical activity.